Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Alright, for all the long-winded Church-Channel bashing, I do have to give one speaker credit.
Sage advice from a very well-trained dynamic and well-dressed black guy:

How do you find your ministry? Its easy. Your ministry is your misery. Thats right. Your Ministry is your misery. Take a look at what pisses you off. Annoyed that everyone is always late and the office is a mess? Maybe your gift is administration. Annoyed that the singer is off key? Your gift is music.

So maybe my hatred for Televangelists preying on the weak is my call to help them. Start visiting little old ladies and babysitting for stressed out church moms so they can shut off the idiot box and have a little social interaction.

And maybe my hatred for overpriced reference material, books, CDs, DVDs means I should do something to establish a Christian library in my community where people can pay something silly like $10 once for the card then borrow stuff, even the latest stuff from a Californian mega-church, for free.

Maybe running away is not the way to fight the more intolerant and intolerable Christian elements. Now, if only I was actually convinced that there is a God at all...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home